Thursday, August 5, 2010

Selenium - Unexpected Exception (Security Manager vetoed action)

Today I ran into a problem with Selenium when creating an automation script to check one of our Mobile Sites.  The first command was a simple Open:

open /folderName/pageName.do

The rest of it was verification points.

When I ran the script, it would execute and the page would load, but I'd get an error:

[error] Unexpected Exception: QueryInterface -> function QueryInterface() { [native code] }, message -> Security Manager vetoed action, result -> 2153185319, name -> NS_ERROR_XPC_SECURITY_MANAGER_VETO, filename -> chrome://selenium-ide/content/selenium/scripts/selenium-browserbot.js, lineNumber -> 1929, columnNumber -> 0, location -> JS frame :: chrome://selenium-ide/content/selenium/scripts/selenium-browserbot.js :: anonymous :: line 1929, inner -> null, data -> null, initialize -> function initialize() { [native code] }

I didn't find any answers on Google.

I tested the script on a coworker's computer and it worked with no issues.

The solution:
Update to the latest version of Selenium and Firefox.

Works like a charm now.

3 comments:

  1. I wish! I'm running Selenium Server 2.0a5, Firefox 3.6.8, but still no dice! I'm getting this about half the time on completely random script executions. :/ Thanks for the advice anywho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case it helps, here is my experience. I came across this blog when searching for the solution for the same problem.

    I had this error when i had FF3.0 alone. I upgraded to 3.6 but as separate installation of 3.6 (custom location). so I had two FF on my computer. I needed 3.0 for other work. I attempted to use selenium on 3.6 but same error.

    When I removed 3.0 and 3.6, thn installed fresh FF3.6 only. It worked just fine.

    May be not but in case it helps out others hving same problem. Keep sharing.
    Thanks.
    HP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since the original post I have not come across this error again. Thanks for the comments Arlen and Anonymous. If you have found any definitive fix, can you please let us know what it was?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...