We now have Ant working with JMeter. Next we need to extend Ant with two external tasks:
- Ant Contrib Tasks -- from Ant-Contrib.
- We are using this for the ForEach Task.
- Additional Ant Tasks -- from Antelope.
- We are using this for the If Task.
- Download Ant-Contrib from here. At the top it usually asks if you are looking for the latest version -- you can click that and download it.
- Download the Antelope Tasks from here (if it is no longer a working link, do a Google search for "antelope_tasks.jar").
- Extract Ant-Contrib to the C:\ drive (or any other preferred location -- sometimes I like putting it in the ANT_HOME directory).
- Copy the antelopetasks-3.2.10.jar into the ant \lib folder (C:\apache-ant-1.8.2\lib).
- Copy the ant-contrib-1.0b3.jar into the ant \lib folder (C:\apache-ant-1.8.2\lib).
- Open a command prompt.
- Navigate to your JMeter \extras folder:
- Create a directory structure for organizing JMeter test scripts, results, and reports.
- Edit jmeter.properties and create extra.properties file.
- Create custom build.xml file.
- Extended with AntContrib and AntelopeTasks.
- Edit XSL files to show more information / calculations.
- Split the times and latency (Time to First Byte and Time to Last Byte).
- Add Min, Max, Average, Standard Deviation, and 90% calculations.
- Add run times and custom title.
- Edit the default Java memory heap size to prevent out of memory errors.
- Duplicate the file and strip out the details for quick loading the browser and phones.
- Edit the build file to transform the results twice, detailed and non-detailed.
- Edit the build file to be able to perform transformations at will.
- Add a different XSLT processor to handle the transformations if needed.
- Create Performance Monitor Data Collector Set.
- Counters that can be used and links to resources.
- Creating batch file to run the ant commands.
- Edit build.xml file to handle auto start/stop of Perfmon.
- Edit build.xml file to auto send mails upon Success or Failure.