Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Thanks for noticing me...

I drove to work this morning,
having a plate-full of cupcakes to share,
with the team.
On the way there, I saw a sign-holding man,
waving at the cars, trucks, and vans,
that pass by everyday.
On his sign, says "Help!
Homeless, Hungry, and Looking for Work."

We had spoken before this day, as well,
when I had stopped to fill up at Shell,
on the corner.

I had given him a few,
dollars and coins.
He expressed his thanks,
smiled, and waved me on.

Today I, pulled into Shell,
not for gas, but to share a treat,
I waved to him from across the street,
As he approached, I held out the sweets,
Which was met by a smile and a warm-filled greet.

"Aw, cupcakes," he exclaimed!

After his thanks, and a shake of the hand,
His smile halfway melted,
A bit of sorrow was there, I had felt it;

He looked very genuine and real,
And said, "Thanks for noticing me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...