Friday, November 9, 2012

Updates

Dear Blog,
I apologize for the neglect as of late.  After GMAT prep late last year, I was busy with B-School applications (Dec 2011 - March 2012), Coursera/Udacity courses (Nov 2011 - May 2012), Carnegie Mellon University's (CMU) Tepper School of Business admission process (April - July 2012), Basecamp (Aug 2012), Mini 1 (late Aug - Oct 2012), the Organizational Leadership Club (OLC) and the Carnegie Bosch Institute (CBI) Case Competition, the AT Kearney Case Competition, DDI Manager Ready Leadership Assessment, and the Business and Technology Club Trek to New York and Seattle (late Oct 2012).
The classes I've taken so far: Management Presentations, Financial and Managerial Accounting I, Probability and Statistics, Corporate Strategy, and Managerial Economics.


Now I'm head deep in Mini 2, summer internship recruiting preparation for consulting (networking, behavioral prep, and case prep), admission to the dual MBA/Masters of Software Engineering (MSE) program between Tepper and the School of Computer Science (SCS), and spending time with my pregnant wife (who's due around December 2nd, 2012).
The current classes are: Marketing Management, Interpersonal Communications, Optimization, Finance I, and Managing Teams and People.  This is the second week of classes and we've already got midterms next week!

Still have lots of work to do, but I'm thankful to everyone who helped thus far, from all my supervisors and team-mates who wrote Letters of Recommendations, to friends and family who reviewed my application, to the wonderful admissions team, staff, and faculty at Tepper for allowing me to participate and for teaching me so much, to my fellow 1st year classmates, our 2nd years, and our alums (who will be hiring us soon), and finally, and most importantly, to my wife, Nishu - without you, your support, and motivation, none of this would be possible.

I'll try to update more frequently - either through here, G+, or Twitter, as I find interesting stuff in my research of companies, reading through news, studying for the MBA, studying for the MSE, and preparing for the new addition!
By the way, the baby registry is http://bitly.com/RDLcnv, and more options are http://amzn.to/TuWdG5 and http://amex.co/olCzBA

Oh, and thanks, Blog for sticking around, and not deleting yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...